All investigations are private—just you and your friends—and typically take 1-2 hours to complete. You will receive your mission case file at the first bar. From there, you’ll follow directions in the case file to other unknown bars, try to identify 3 local beers during blind tastings, and investigate a mystery.
Friend groups, birthdays/celebrations, dates, craft beer experts and amateurs, team building, a lazy afternoon, or anyone looking for an affordable way to spend a fun evening out.
3 half pints, tip, and all mission materials.
Our tour is a combination of a blind beer tasting and a mystery investigation. So, not really. Here’s a quick comparison:
- Pub crawl: Move from bar to bar in a big pack of strangers.
- Beer Investigation: Only you and your friends.
- Pub crawl: Pay for your drink at each bar.
- Beer Investigation: Never take out your wallet.
- Pub crawl: You know what beer you’re drinking.
- Beer Investigation: You have to guess what you’re drinking.
- Pub crawl: Only offered for specific occasions or events.
- Beer Investigation: You can choose your preferred date and time.
- Pub crawl: Drinking is the main point.
- Beer Investigation: Drinking is still pretty important—but you’ll also have to use your brain to guess the style, abv, flavor, etc. of the beer and solve a mystery.
Asheville: South Slope
Charlotte: Plaza Midwood
Greensboro: Downtown Greensboro
Raleigh: Person St District
*More detailed instructions will be sent after booking.
Tickets should be purchased online at least 4 hours before the start time of the tour.
Tickets are non-refundable. However, we can reschedule your tour for a different date.
You will end up with two different scores.
INDIVIDUAL BEER SCORE: Try to identify the beers to earn points for your own beer score.
Highest score of the month
- Title: Head Commander in Brews
- Prize: 50% off your next investigation
Highest score in your group
- Title: Commander in Brews Light
- Prize: A small souvenir at the end of the mission
TEAM CHALLENGE SCORE: Work together as a team to earn points during the challenges.
Highest score of the month
- Title: Brew Masters
- Prize: 50% off your next investigation (and eternal glory)
On average, investigations take 1-2.5 hours. That being said, each group is free to go at their own pace.
- Asheville: 0.6 miles
- Charlotte: 0.6 miles
- Greensboro: 0.7 miles
- Raleigh: 0.9 miles
Nay! This is a blind tasting, so the beers are chosen for you. We encourage our investigators to keep an open mind and try new things—as the Greek dramatist Aristophanes once said, “Open your mind before your mouth.”
Yes—investigations are free for all designated driving detectives! If you have a designated driver, you can let us know when you reserve your spot.